Being able to quickly convert and calculate numbers at home from mg/dl and HbA1c can be extremely convenient. We’ve put together an A1c chart you can print out and hang-up to easily do just that.
How to Print the A1c Chart in Two Easy Steps:
- Click “Print A1c Chart” below
- This will pop-out the article to a print screen. Print the article by clicking the printer icon in the upper right of your screen
What is an “A1c”?
The A1c test, referred to as the hemoglobin A1c or HbA1c test, is a straightforward blood test that assesses your average blood sugar levels throughout the previous three months. This test is widely used for diagnosing prediabetes and type 2 diabetes, making it a crucial tool for both you and your healthcare professionals to create a personalized diabetes management plan.
Maintaining your individual A1c goal is highly significant, as elevated A1c levels are associated with complications such as diabetic neuropathy, stroke, and blindness in individuals with diabetes. Learning what these numbers mean and normal levels by age is just as important for your day to day life as everyone is different. Above you can download our printable A1c chart to stay ahead of your numbers and instantly understand where you are at.
What Do My Results Mean?
For diagnosis of diabetes, an A1c level of:
- Less than 5.7% means you do not have diabetes.
- 5.7-6.4% signals prediabetes – you are at a higher risk of developing full-blown type 2.
- 6.5% or higher usually indicates type 2 diabetes.
For more information on how to improve your numbers and understand what they mean, contact us and we would be happy to see if we can assist you.